Polly Ranch Outside Workers - Aircraft Operations Notice Down
We appreciate the work you do and want to make sure you are safe. If you are working in the area of the runway at Polly Ranch, be aware of the following:
- Landing aircraft can travel at over 100 mph and make almost no noise. They can be impossible to hear when you are working.
- Being hit by a landing aircraft would be like being hit by a car on the freeway; you could be injured or killed.
- Unlike a car, aircraft cannot stop or swerve to avoid someone.
- Aircraft can land any day of the week and any time of day or night.
- The area past the runway lights/warning signs is part of the runway and is a dangerous area. Do not work in this area without someone else who can stand and watch for aircraft.
- If you see an aircraft landing, move towards the hangar or house and stop there until the aircraft has landed. This lets the pilot know you have seen him and that you are not going to come onto the runway.
Thank you for helping to keep our runway safe!